We love that this recipe doesn’t require many ingredients yet it still yields amazingly flavorful end results, and it is all thanks to that bright lemon and creamy butter. With this recipe you get perfectly tender, golden brown baked chicken breasts that are coated in that quick lemon pan sauce.
Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs Recipe with Green Beans – So addicting! This paleo, low carb, keto-friendly chicken thighs recipe is a snap to fix and cook. You can cook the chicken thighs and green beans in one skillet for easy prep and the flavour combination is spot on or bake the chicken in the oven like us. With only 25 minutes of total work, this nourishing chicken meal makes weeknight dinners a breeze.
Baked vsPan-seared Chicken
First, you’re going to bake your marinated chicken on an ovenproof pan.Once you get you. chicken nice, crispy and golden, you’re going to add all the flavours to themin a cast-iron skillet. Butter, garlic, lemon juice, and fresh parsley (or your herbs of preference) to seal the deal.
Lastly, after finishing the chicken off on the cast, add your asparagus spears and allow them to cook to your liking. We like my crisp-tender and put them in during the last 10 minutes of searing time. If you like them softer, add them in during the last 15 minutes.
If you don’t have a cast iron, you can always place the chicken directly into a baking dish and skip the searing part. It’s completely up to you.
How to make Lemon Butter Sauce?
We’ll start by heating the lemon juice, garlic, red pepper flakes, and seasoning in a small saucepan. Reduce the lemon juice until you’ve got roughly three tablespoons remaining, this shouldn’t take more than 1-2 minutes. Then, slowly add the butter a little bit at a time, swirling the saucepan to help the butter melt. I like to do this while the chicken is browning, it doesn’t take more than 5 minutes!
Tips for the Chicken Thigh recipie
- Remove chicken thighs from the refrigerator about 15 minutes before cooking to bring them close to room temperature.
- We use boneless chicken thighs because they cook quicker than bone-in. Plus, it is easier to rub the spice mixture deep into the chicken meat.
- Season chicken thighs just before cooking to prevent drawing out moisture and drying out the meat. If you want to let it sit longer, omit the salt from the spice mixture, and add it 10 minutes before cooking.
- For a variant of this chicken thighs recipe, you can use chicken tenders instead of chicken thighs. They’re delicious and cook faster! Just keep an eye on it so they don’t overcook and dry up.
These chicken thighs carry quite a bit of punch with that fresh, zingy lemon flavour and that smoky goodness from the paprika. And this cream sauce is absolutely heavenly. Just be sure to have a spoon ready because you’ll want to sip on it straight from the pan!
Lemon Garlic Butter Chicken with Green Beans
3 – 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
1 pound (450g) green beans, trimmed
3 tablespoons butter, divided or (ghee for paleo diet)
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon salt and fresh cracked black pepper
Juice of 1/2 lemon + lemon slices, for garnish
1/2 cup (125ml) chicken stock
1 tablespoon hot sauce (we used Sriracha)
1/4 teaspoon crushed red chilli pepper flakes, optional
1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- To make the lemon garlic butter chicken thighs recipe with green beans: In a small bowl, combine onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Season chicken thighs generously with the spice mixture. Set aside while you prepare green beans.
- Cook the green beans in a boiling pot of water for 3-5 minutes, until almost done but still crisp.
- Lay the seasoned chicken thighs in one layer in the oven-proof pan with butter. Bake for 10-12 minutes then flip and bake another 10 -12 minutes, until cooked through and a cooking thermometer displays 165°F (75°C). Adjust timing depending on the thickness. Transfer chicken to a plate and set aside.
- In a cast-iron pan, lower the heat and melt the remaining tablespoon of butter. Add chopped parsley, garlic, hot sauce, red crushed chilli pepper flakes, and pre-cooked green beans and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring regularly, until cooked to your liking. Add lemon juice and chicken stock and reduce the sauce for a couple of minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Add cooked chicken thighs back to the pan and reheat quickly. Adjust seasoning with pepper and serve the lemon garlic butter chicken thighs immediately, garnished with more crushed chilli pepper, fresh parsley, and a slice of lemon if you like. Enjoy!