Have you made Iced Coffee Soda yet? It’s a great way to enjoy the full flavour of your favourite coffee in a refreshing fizzy soda form! Something you do wonder, hot weather and still crave for a cup of coffee but it can be not quite exciting as compared to a sparkling drink!
No worries, we have you covered-up – swap to a glass of chilled Coffee Sodaand forget about iced coffee or latte. While recently, Angela found this Asain brand with freeze-dried Peach Oolong Coffee. We give it a mix with a soda and “wow”, it is a sparkling version of your coffee!
For carbonated-lover like Angela, this is love at fight sight for sure. Forgive her excitement but she is so right with the combination. And this’s as simple as mixing a cocktail on a Friday evening. The recipe is so simple – you can use any coffee of your liking and mix with soda water, ice it and “ta-da”! A coffee cocktail is served without you getting drank but maybe you might want to skip bedtime and go for a movie marathon (at least for Angela it seem to be that way)?
The great thing about making coffee soda is that it stays true to the coffee flavour; it’s not coffee-flavoured soda, but real coffee incorporated into a soda-like drink. Fresh brewed and chilled coffee is slightly sweetened to taste. Then carbonated club soda is added. Iced Coffee Soda is a refreshing cold drink with fantastic pure coffee flavour. No artificial ingredients or fake sweet flavours.
What do you need?
Coffee soda is something we will be enjoying a lot recently in this hot summer. You can make with regular coffee or flavoured coffee, as well as espresso too. Here’s what’s in it:
- Prepared coffee
- Simple Syrup (homemade or store purchased)
- Club Soda or sparkling water
To make the syrup.
As we uses Peach Oolong Coffee, it already have a hint of sweetness in it thus we doesn’t want to add in more sugar to cover up the natural sweetness. However if you are using a bitter coffee add 1 to 2 tbsp of simple syrup is recommended. Here is how you can make this simple syrup;
- Combine 1 cup granulated sugar and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a low boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Once sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and allow to cool fully.
- Stored sealed in the refrigerator before use.
NOTE: the simple syrup yield is around 1 cup.
Combine all the ingredients that you have previously prepared. And you can enjoy this chilled drink in just 5 minutes.
If you are a flavoured coffee lover, make flavoured coffee it uses. The flavour can also be changed up by making flavored simple syrups. They are easy to make and can be used in other drinks or cocktails too. True coffee addicts can get an extra caffeine dose by making coffee ice cubes to use too! Just pour coffee or espresso into an ice cube mould and freeze. Enjoy!
Iced Coffee Soda
Have you made iced coffee soda yet? It’s a great way to enjoy the full flavor of your favorite coffee in a refreshing fizzy soda form!
100 g prepared Coffee, chilled
100g chilled Tonic Water
- Simple Syrup
- Combine 1 cup granulated sugar and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a low boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Once sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and allow to cool fully. Maybe be stored sealed in the refrigerator.
- Coffee Soda:
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- Pour in the coffee and club soda; add simple syrup to taste (usually 1-2 tablespoons).
- All ingredients should be kept chilled and ready to pour when the mood strikes.
- Additional servings may be made using the same proportions as the single serving listed in the ingredients.