If the changing leaves have you daydreaming over new hues for your home, maybe it’s time to swap out your pastels for an autumnal yellow shade like ochre. Whether you prefer a bold mustard color or more subtle yellow tones, ochre is a unique hue that echoes the beauty of the great outdoors. When paired with chic accessories and bold textures, ochre brings the ultimate fall color for prepping your home before you welcome the holidays. Scroll on to see 5 ways you can decorate your home with ochre.
1. Navy Blue: The combo of navy blue and ochre yellow totally slays. The rich yellow color beautifully balances chilly blue tones, especially when you add cheery accents like coral pink and orange. (via Oh Happy Day)
2. Blushing Pink: If you’re looking for one must-have to update your bedroom for fall, experiment with this rich tone. An ochre and peach quilt warms up the bedroom and ends up acting like a neutral while letting the teal and blue tones pop. (via Greenhouse Interiors)
3. Take a Seat: Your reading nook could be the perfect space to try out this trendy tone, whether it’s with a vintage flea market chair or a retro piece your parents had in the attic. If you’re hesitant of its boldness, don’t be! This muted sunny hue is right at home in a warm and neutral color palette. (via A Beautiful Mess)
4. Bring in the Art: A gallery wall can be the *perf* way to try out a new color palette, without committing to a new couch or paint color. Against a dark teal backdrop, this unique collection of wall art feels equal parts retro and elegant. (via Front + Main)
5. Light and Bright: Feeling bold? This jaw-droppingly gorgeous home is totally rocking that ochre mustard accent wall. Keep the space bright and fresh with pastel pink, gray and black accessories for a totally Scandi vibe. (via Vtwonen)
Are you loving this fall-inspired paint color? Follow us on Pinterest for more fall decorating inspiration.
Credit | All shots used on the mood board via our Pinterest boards.