WHO has advised the best way to stop Corvid-19 is to be hygienic and boost up your immune system. Here are some tips on how we can protect our loved ones and ourselves! First things first, just to remind everybody this is a virus, not a bacterial infection. Viruses only respond to our immune system, so taking an unnecessary course of antibiotics will not help, but can harm – as antibiotics can lower your immune response by affecting the stomach! The following tips are also helpful as the world enters the (normal) flu season!
What you can do through what you eat?
- High levels of Vitamin C – viruses cannot survive in an environment high in Vitamin C. Take 2000 to 3000mg a day and foods that are high in Vitamin C. (If anybody gets a rash or reaction, just reduce its dose.)
- Zinc – children up to 12 years – 8mg, Adults – 15mg. If you prepare to have it naturally – foods that are high in Zinc are Ginger, Pumpkin Seeds, Meat (suggest those that are good in quality), Lentils.
- Vitamin D3 – 2- 4000iu’s (less dosage for children but higher for adults) and get out and enjoy the sun!! Avoid crowds but do not stay indoor every day, exercise and absorb some natural Vitamin!
- Probiotics (multi-strain) – 10-50 Billion cells a day (Strong stomach strong = strong immune system!!) We are having this every day for 1 month now, every day is healthy and strong in the family!
- Manuka Honey (UMF +15) – 2 tsp a day – one teaspoon in the morning and one teaspoon at night.
What you can do every day?
- Essential oils – EOs are excellent to start burning in your room, homes or even workplace! Our first point of contact for viruses is our nose. If you are burning antiviral essential oils around you this will kill off the virus before it enters your system.
- Inhalations with the oils is a great way to make sure that if there is any virus lurking in your nose, you kill it before it has a chance!
- Rub your mix daily on the spine and the soles of your feet. Concentrating at the top of the spine, behind the back of your head, on the ‘Big Bone (those who have my book its acupressure point, Du16 point).
What oil you can apply to boost your immune system? – Tea Tree, Lavender, Wild Orange, Lemon, Ravensara and Eucalyptus Globulus – use all or choose three from this list – diffuse in your house, spray into the rooms with a spray bottle and make your own mix (1 Tablespoon of base oil – Olive, Coconut, Almond – add in a mix of up to 10 drops of the above oils).
Nonetheless, drink lots of good quality water! Water is crucial for everything but especially to help flush things out of our body! Keep good hygiene, washing hands after you have been out and wearing a mask if you are going to crowded places (which we highly suggest avoiding if you can)!
Most of all, please do not panic – stress lowers our immunity! And not every fever or flu-like symptoms is the coronavirus, go to a doctor for a proper diagnosis! It is also flu season so be vigilant and smart but doesn’t panic!
It’s a self-care routine for everyone be it if there is a virus or not! Personally, hygiene is just important.