Two of the best things about this time of the year? Chai spice! And warm cosy drinks! Which is why I have combined them together for this decadent chai-spiced hot chocolate with cute marshmallow snowman.
It’s creamy, sweet, indulgent and so cozy!
We like to whip this up in the afternoon, cosy up on the sofa and wrap up under a huge fluffy blanket. All the cosy vibes! Oh, and it’s super easy too!
How to make your own snowman?
Kids and parents alike will love making and decorating these adorable marshmallow snowmen. This is the perfect impromptu project for a family since it involves very little mess or downtime. These snowmen are fast, foolproof, and fun. All you need are marshmallows, pretzel sticks, melted chocolate from chocolate chips and extra-long toothpicks (4 inches).
It’s very simple to make but here are some tips for you to make it even easier.
- The pretzel sticks are a little too long for the proportion of the snowman, so I bit off the ends, leaving them about 3/4 as long as they were, to begin with. Just experiment and see what look you like. Also, I find that they go in a little easier if you twist them as you’re pushing them into the marshmallow.
- Normal-sized toothpicks won’t work; you need the 4-inch variety, which is pretty easy to find at most grocery stores. Slide three marshmallows on the toothpick to create a snowman, then use scissors to clip off the pointy end of the toothpick.
- Use the toothpick to poke holes for the arms, legs, and nose, and then push pretzels in the snowman.
- Place some mini chocolate chips in a sandwich baggie and melt in your microwave (30 seconds at a time until melted). Snip off a tiny corner of the baggie and “pipe” the chocolate out to draw eyes and a mouth on the snowman.
Serve them on sticks at a holiday party or package them individually as gifts or stocking stuffers. You can even make your snowmen look like friends and family members—experiment with different types of candy coating. Everyone will be delighted by these creative, festive treats.
Chocolate Chai Latte
For this drink, it is a combination of our two favourite drink, Hot Chocolate and Masala Chai Tea Latte. The spices for Chai Latte vary depending on the recipe, but our favourite combination is cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, clove. It may be messy when you come into mixing herb, we came across this Masala Chia by Anthony the Spice Maker like what we use for our Masala Chai Tea Latte. It has the perfect blend that we like, making it way to simple to make this drink. For chocolate powder, we use Hershey’s Natural Unsweetened Cocoa Powder.
Hot Chocolate Chai Latte
Two of the best things about this time of the year? Chai spice! And warm cosy drinks!
- Marshmellow Snowman
Mini Chocolate Chips
Extra-long toothpicks (4 inches)
- Chocolate Chai Latte
1 tsp of Masala Chia by Anthony the Spice Maker
2 tbsp of Chocolate powder
1 cup of warm milk
- Chocolate Chai Latte
- Combine all the ingridents in your favourite mug and stir well.