A to-go smoothie is the best option if you’re not a breakfast person, got little time to settle your meal in the busy morning or just looking for a healthier choice. Imagine when you can get all the nutrition within a cup and it is almost half of the price you could get outside, why not spend 3 minutes to make your own.
I know that many of you might not like the taste of avocado – it has a fresh grass taste and a pure avocado smoothie can be very dense. Hence we made a slight adjustment to the recipe, instead of using water or milk we replace it by coconut water. It instantly lifts up the flavour of the smoothie.
Benefits of Avocado and Coconut Water
The avocado is one of the most nutrient-dense foods available. Ounce for ounce, they are among the richest in fibre, folate, potassium, vitamin E, and magnesium among all fruits. This nutrition profile makes it a worthy Superfood.
Known for its concentrations of electrolytes, vitamins, and minerals, coconut water has swept the nation. From yoga studios to vending machines. It is also a
– Good Source of Several Nutrients;
– May Have Benefits Against Diabetes;
– May Help Prevent Kidney Stones;
– May Support Heart Health;
– May Reduce Blood Pressure; and
– Delicious Source of Hydration.
We’ve been experimenting around attempting to make a good avocado smoothie. Coconut is PERFECT with avocado. We tried recreating it but only recently we realised the trick is to add coconut milk! It’ll be good if you can get fresh coconut milk for this. You can purchase fresh coconut shreds and extract the coconut milk. If you really don’t wish to go through that, packaged ones will do. Same goes for coconut water.
If you enjoy this ingredient combination leave us a comment below or connect us through our Instagram. This drink is simple, soothing and refreshing.
Avocado Coconut a powerful Smoothie
A rich creamy avocado smoothie made with coconut water. This detox smoothie is high in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds. Sugar-free and high in good fats, it’s perfect for those on a healthy low carb keto diet.
1/2 ripe avocado
200ml coconut water
50ml coconut milk
1tbsp + 1tsp coconut sugar (or Gula Melaka)
- Cut ripe avocado in half. Save the seeded side for future use. Remove skin and place half of the avocado in blender. It is not necessary to cut it up.
- Add coconut water, coconut milk and sugar into the blender. Blend everything together until smooth.
- To serve, top with desiccated coconut or fresh coconut pulp if desired.