It has been a tough week, working has been taking a lot of time from us but there are two things that always heal us quickly – eating delicious food to gain back energy and cooking tasty meals for the love ones to connect back to them.
While working we lost track of time and we have little time to connect with our family and loved ones. People who work in our industries, to have balance life it all depends on your will. To embrace your works and your personal life you need to find ways to reconnect them.
While cooking meals, it has been therapeutic for us, it’s a form of an art, a form of a communications tool. While you are in the kitchen, it is beautiful even when you are sifting flour. Every touch is so comforting and it will calm your heart from all the works that have buried you.
Therefore, I enjoyed every breakfast moment to kick start my day. A simple meal that you prepare to own self or to your loved ones will bring you all the happiness in the beginning of the day of work.
We have a simple recipe to share with you for the breakfast. It just takes you 10-20 mins or so to be prepared and send into the oven. The real beauty of these bite size snacks is that they’re completely compatible 365 days a year with a wide range of toppings. Best of all, they’ll be on your breakfast table before you get to work!
1 package frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 cup of sliced cherry tomato
1/2 cup of chopped streaky bacon
1/2 cup of cubed breakfast ham
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Unfold the puff pastry sheets onto a lightly floured work surface. Lightly roll the pastry with a rolling pin to seal the perforations. Using a 3-inch round cookie cutter, cut out six circles from each sheet of puff pastry.
- Transfer six pastry circles onto each baking sheet, spacing the circles about 2 inches apart. Lightly score a circular border 1/4-inch from the edges then prick the centers of each pastry with a fork.
- Top it with cherry tomato, streaky bacon, ham and mozzarella cheese, sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg with 1 tablespoon water. Brush the edges of the pastries with the egg wash. Bake the pastries for 15 to 18 minutes or until they’re golden and puffed.
- Remove the pastries from the oven and allow them to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheets before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Besides, we’re excited to launch our Steller page this weekend, for those who love to check out more stories behind the Canvas’ stories on Steller!